Wio RP2040 mini Dev Board - Onboard Wifi
Seeed Wio RP2040 mini development board is based on Wio RP2040 module featured with wireless function. You can use the Thonny program editor to control the pins of the board like controlling a Raspberry Pi Pico.
The shipping date is not determined as depends on the availability of RP2040 module which is expected to be ready in September.
- Powerful CPU: dual-core 133MHZ RP2040 processor and 264KB SRAM, 2MB Flash
- Reliable wireless connection: using powerful ESP8285 wifi chip, supporting 2.4~2.4835 GHz frequency and Ap&Station mode
- Flexibility: compatible with Thonny editor
- Easy project operation: breadboard friendly
- Multiple certifications: FCC and CE Certified
The Wio RP2040 mini wireless development board adopts Wio RP2040 module. all of the I/O pins are broken out to the pin headers on both sides for easy interfacing, which allows developers to conduct prototype testing and development very conveniently. The onboard ESP8285 wifi chip can provide stable wireless functions. The development board supports the Thonny code editor used by Raspberry Pi Pico, so with a few simple lines of code, you can quickly adapt to an existing Pi Pico project to Pico IOT project!
In addition to the RP2040+wifi chip combination, the board has rich interfaces, including 28 GPIO PINs (19 PINs support PIO and PWM), 2 UART, 4 ADC, 2 SPI, 2 I2C. Some pins can be multiplexed, such as GP12 and GP13 with I2C, SPI, UART functions. That’s why 28 GPIO PINs can achieve more I/O PINs and interfaces. Wio RP2040 mini wireless development board supports a USB Type-C interface, which can supply power and download code. In addition to the onboard power LED light, we also added a user-controllable LED (it is connected to the GP13 pin). All the designs can provide developers with a better debugging experience.
The Wio RP2040 mini wireless development board is fully compatible with Thonny code editor, which means that you don't need to have professional electronic engineering knowledge, but can control hardware devices just by using a simple MicroPython language!
There is great C/C++ support, an official MicroPython port, and a Seeedstudio Wio RP2040 Module MicroPython UF2 file! We of course recommend our custom Wio RP2040 Module MicroPython UF2 because we think it's the easiest way to get started and it has support with wireless drivers, network, usocket, MQTT, supported out of the box so you can follow along with our projects and tutorials.
Hey community, we've set up a #tinyml channel on our Discord server, please click to join for 24/7/365 making, sharing, discussing and helping each other out.
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's RP2040 microcontroller
- Dual Cortex M0+ processors, up to 133 MHz
- 264 kB of embedded SRAM in 6 banks
- 2MB QSPI Flash Memory
- On-board USB-C Connector for programming
- USB 1.1 Host/Device functionality
- 20x multifunctional GPIO Pins
- 2.4GHz Wireless connectivity
- Support IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Support 2.4 ~ 2.4835 GHz
- Support Ap & Station mode
- User-programmable LED(GP13)
- Power Supply(2 methods)
- 5V via USB-C port(default)
- VIN(5V~3.6V) and GND header pins
- Dimensions: 25.8 x 45.5mm
- Support programming languages
- Various Pico projects with wireless functions
- Wireless control. smart home
- Smart Toys
The GPIO pins are programmable so you can reconfigure the pins! Check out the P2040 datasheet for more information on the GPIO functionality.